Re: Manual: why not restart service over killing the process

From: Jason Conroy
Subject: Re: Manual: why not restart service over killing the process
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 09:01:38 -0500

Perhaps a third option is adding a Shepherd "reload" action for nginx to
perform the SIGHUP, similar to this?

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/gnu/services/base.scm?id=d3f75179e5741db29358e3e723146fd20ec79de9

I'm curious whether this approach has trade-offs compared to what's
documented in the manual.

Jason