[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: EXWM: file or program not found, ls

From: Olivier Rojon
Subject: Re: EXWM: file or program not found, ls
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 14:47:47 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/78.7.0

Hello everyone :)

so I figured out what the problem was and am super happy it had nothing to do with Guix but was related to my Emacs init file.

The culprit was in the (custom ...)-form. I had (exec-path) defined to values Guix probably couldn't use properly. Deleting (exec-path ...) from the customs solved the issue completely.

I couldn't be more happy. Again, one step closer towards migration :)

Have a good day, thanks for your effort,


On 03.01.21 17:21, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

You most probably have an issue with your dotfiles.
Some comments below:

Olivier Rojon <> writes:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
   #!/usr/bin/env bash
. /etc/profile &
. ~/.bashrc &
exec exwm
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Remove the trailing `&`.  This syntax is used to start processes in the
background, but here you are sourcing configuration files which should
be done synchronously.

- I had manually defined PATH in .bashrc, which I believe might have
overriden other attempts at defining it (even though it contains :$PATH
at the end)
It may have a typo.  Try commenting out any modification done to PATH
and try again.

- I did what is sometimes advised when you install a package, that you
should add the following lines to your shell:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
. "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However, I had not added an "export" in front of "GUIX_PROFILE", which
might be part of the problem.
Nope, it should not matter if the second line was applied properly.

But as you can see, I am kind of struggling to find the cause of the
problem. ;-)
Try creating a new user with no modifications done to the dotfiles.
Then import your dotfiles gradually do see which one triggers the issue.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]