Re: Android development in Guix

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Android development in Guix
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 21:17:29 +0100

Am Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 01:55:38PM -0500 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> Maybe try this: https://lepiller.eu/en/running-android-studio-on-guix.html

This is amazing, if I had known it last week it would have saved me the
time to debootstrap Debian on Guix... I will give it a try.

Personally I am developing an Android app on Debian this way:
   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/paridroid/index.html
In an extremely old-fashioned way with Ant and the command line, but
nevertheless this allows me to publish it on Fdroid. Interestingly, by
using an old SDK and downloading everything with wget, there is no need
to accept any license, unlike for downloads from inside Android Studio.
And by using an oldish NDK, my C libraries are compiled with gcc instead
of clang.

The reason I am working on Debian is that I was too lazy to think about
the patchelf business; supposedly, your container approach would also
solve this problem.

Andreas