Re: problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 17:38:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021, maxxcan--- via wrote:

Hello Guix!

I´m try to install flatpak apps and many works corretly, but others don't.

My problems is with apps like Steam, Stremio, discord. They show me problems with ssl, o autentications.

For example:

With Discord the error is:

did-fail-load -202 ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID retry in 2173.1183791934736 ms

The app works fine but don't connect to the server.

With Stremio:

:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202

With Steam:

Invalid SSL Certificate
The SSL certificate for <https://store.steampowered.com/> is invalid and the page will not be loaded.

:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(935)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202

I installed openssl, nss, and p11-kit. And the problem is the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but I've also experienced this problem. I don't know that there is a Guix bug for this issue, and I haven't determined if this is a Guix-specific issue or a Flatpak one. Other people have reported a similar problem with other distributions [0], but perhaps it's time to create a Guix issue as well.

[0] https://github.com/flathub/org.chromium.Chromium/issues/77

It's probably not an org.chromium.Chromium issue, but I didn't know that when I originally reported the problem.

Best,
Jack