Re: mailing list and Evolution /Email client and: Guix compared with Tri

From: Gottfried
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:43:56 +0000

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

I installed Guix as my system, not on any other distro.

I wanted to install "Thunderbird", but that was not possible, than I tried to install "Evolution", but that didn´t work because I didn´t know that I have also to install "evolution-dataserver" (thanks to Your reply), later after hours of searching I found out, that in GNU Guix "Thunderbird" has a different name "Icedove" and I was able to install "Icedove". So at the moment I don´t need "Evolution". Icedove works fine at the moment.

What`s the difference to install GNU Guix as a system or install Trisquel and Guix on top of it? What is the advantage of both possibilities?

I installed Guix as my System because if I had installed Trisquel I would have older software. And to add Guix on top of Trisquel seemed to me not so beneficiary and may be leading to inconsistency. To be on the save side I installed Guix as my System in order to run smoothly.

Chloris