Re: `dockerd` service not starting

From: Tanguy LE CARROUR
Subject: Re: `dockerd` service not starting
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 11:12:57 +0200

Hi Pierre,

Quoting Pierre Langlois (2022-04-01 21:05:08)
> tanguy@bioneland.org writes:
> >> That's strange, I can also see this in my logs from back in April 2021,
> >> but not since then.
> >> As a shot in the dark, could you try the attached patch?  It's
> >> something
> >> I added while looking at updating docker (I need to rebase this series
> >> and get it committed). It's a bugfix, the patch-paths phase does not run
> >> withouth it so it could be related to your issues. But for some strange
> >> reason it's been working for me.
> >> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52790#1
> >
> > Thanks for the patch! I applied it and successfully built containerd and
> > docker,
> > but…
> > I have no clue how to `guix system reconfigure` from my guix repo checkout!?
> > ^_^'
> >
> > Usually, as my regular user, I do `./pre-inst-env guix …`, but in order to
> > run
> > `guix system reconfigure` I use sudo.
> > But `sudo ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure config.scm` fails with an
> > ugly:
>
> Oh yeah, for this to work you need to use the -E option for sudo:
>
>     sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure config.scm
>
> I believe it's so that the current $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT can be passed to
> ./pre-inst-env.  I see this hack isn't in the manual's contributing
> section, we should add it!

`-E`! Of course! I should have thought about it. Sorry!
It worked. It built. But still, it does not start! :-(

I still have the same error message:

```
failed to start daemon: failed to dial "/run/containerd/containerd.sock":
unknown service containerd.services.namespaces.v1.Namespaces: not implemented
```

Next version of `docker` might fix this… or not! ^_^'

Regards,

--
Tanguy