Re: Nix on Guix?

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Nix on Guix?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:20:31 +0000

Hi,

Hello Guix,
I'm trying to get the Nix package manager running on Guix. I followed the
instructions at:
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Miscellaneous-Services.html> and
successfully installed it, but trying to install and/or run any Nix
applications gives me permission errors.
I installed for the 'guix-system'; should I have installed for 'guix-user'? Or
do I need to add my user to some Nix-related group? Or have I done something
else wrong?
best,
—Ben

I have nix-service running when I build my guix system and then I just run the
following:

nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-unstable
nix-channel --update

Petr