Re: Updating LXTerminal from v0.3.2 to v0.4.0

From: Jaft
Subject: Re: Updating LXTerminal from v0.3.2 to v0.4.0
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 06:48:12 -0500

Wow; 'thought I'd sent this sometime last year. Your response,
unfortunately, got put in the Spam folder and I just found it and
thought it'd been months since you got back to me. Apparently, my last
two months have been /rough/.

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2022 at 18:12, Jaft <jaft.r@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> Starting download of
>> /gnu/store/89xj37ra014gxky8kmjrrbf3ndnia36l-lxterminal-0.4.0.tar.xz
>> From
>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lxde/LXTerminal%20%28terminal%20emulator%29/LXTerminal%200.4.0/lxterminal-0.4.0.tar.xz...
>> download failed
>> "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lxde/LXTerminal%20%28terminal%20emulator%29/LXTerminal%200.4.0/lxterminal-0.4.0.tar.xz";
>> 404 "Not Found"
>
> I think the error is because a wrong ’.0’ instead of ’.x’.
>
> This URL works for me:
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lxde/LXTerminal%20%28terminal%20emulator%29/LXTerminal%200.4.x/lxterminal-0.4.0.tar.xz

Awesome; thanks a ton. 'Don't know why I hadn't just thought of it the
first time but I went to
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lxde/LXTerminal%20%28terminal%20emulator%29/
and clicked on the link for LXTerminal and there was the folder, exactly
as you pointed out (with ".x"). Oh, well; better late than never.

> Hope that helps.

By leaps and bounds. Just managed to build it; I switched to Wayland so
no longer using LXTerminal but I'm sure others would like the newer
version: 'gonna get this into a patch and send it in.

Thanks (a ton), again!