Re: hpcguix-web

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: hpcguix-web
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 22:23:49 +0200

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> if I install hpcguix-web and add it in my config.scm
>
> what is the difference and the benefits to look up my packages in the
> browser
> https://hpc.guix.info/browse?

The primary purpose for this is visibility and outreach.  People who
don’t use Guix yet can see what packages the latest version of Guix has
to offer.  We’re using it for the Guix HPC project, which is a project
to popularize Guix in scientific computing environments.

You can get the same information on the command line or with the Emacs
interface.  There is no other advantage.

--
Ricardo