Re: Guix logo re-use

From: Benson Muite
Subject: Re: Guix logo re-use
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 08:30:53 +0300

I don't know what's the procedure in FSF's store, but in your particular case
you can simply use the logo in the shirt and accept the money for your work.
You don't have to put my name in the design :)
Ok.

My understanding is that stores selling items with the logo would have to give
proper credit somewhere: in the item's page and/or in labels in the apparel.
Can add an appropriate label. Thanks.

There is no GUIX swag yet. It may be nice to have more embroidered
items - these can be made in Africa, possibly custom fitted.

I could check what's the process to get items in FSF's store, but I also plan
to sell those kinds of items in my store (https://um4no.creator-spring.com/) at
some point (mainly hats and sweaters).
Will do this. The store is nice since some amount would also go back to the project. Ideally they would also allow linking to the logo creators online profile or perhaps facilitate sales by people creating artwork using free software. People do amazing things with Inkscape, Krita, GIMP, etc., but not much goes back to support such projects.