[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while
Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while startup
Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:26:01 -0300
Hi! I reply below:
Em [2022-05-22 dom 17:26:55+0600], Akib Azmain Turja escreveu:
> Thanks a lot. Just a question, where should I send the patch?
Did you send the patch? I have searched debbugs and have not found any
such submission. I care because:
1. It significantly pollutes the *Messages* buffer, which can mask
important warnings such as when Emacs loads a .elc byte compiled file
that is older than its source code.
2. For people who byte-compile Elisp files from a Makefile, these
messages causes significant pollution, masking byte-compilation warnings.
3. For people who use the nativecomp feature (from a guix channel),
the native compilation of *each* Emacs package yields loading messages
for *every* Guix-installed Emacs package, resulting in O(n^2) growth.
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
injustice. Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>
- Please adopt free/libre formats like PDF, Org, LaTeX, ODF, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Libre apps for AOSP (Replicant, LineageOS, etc.) and Android: F-Droid
- https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html "What is free software?"
- Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while startup,
Jorge P . de Morais Neto <=