Scanner

From: Gottfried
Subject: Scanner
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:17:35 +0000

Hi Guixers,

I installed "Trisquel 10" on a second laptop and the printer (doesn't show up) but works, and also scanning works with my "HP Officejet J4680 All in one" Printer/Scanner.

On my main laptop with Guix System with the same HP Printer/Scanner
printing works, but scanning not.

On this laptop in a VM I installed "Trisquel 10" and neither printer nor scanner works. (I don't know how to set it up,├╝ber if it is possible at all?)

GNU Trisquel has the same prerequisites as GNU Guix.

What are the conclusions?

Am I right that Guix makes problems?
Are the proprietary drivers the problem?
Or something else?

Any thoughts?

Gottfried