Re: Help packaging R Quarto Cli

From: Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq
Subject: Re: Help packaging R Quarto Cli
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 18:19:32 +0200

Hi,

Wojtek Kosior <koszko@koszko.org> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I continue the packaging using guix import crate, this is a slow process,
>> but everything goes well at this time.
>>
>> My file deno.scm contain 6000 line, with all packages imported, this is a
>> problem because i need to remove duplicate.
>> The best way was probably to export all `(define public method … )`  into a
>> folder with corresponding library.scm.
>
> Do you have wour work-in-progress in some public repo? This would make
> us easier to understand your setup and would also allow more ppl to
> cooperate (although unfortunately Idk if there’s anyone else who’s
> particularly interested in deno at this particular moment).

Here we are : <https://git.sr.ht/~reyman/build-deno-script>

This is a wip python script that build an `export/' directory containing all
rust module needed to compile deno (i suppose)

The deno script is localized at the root of `export/' folder

I build the modules folders, but know i don’t know how to compile all this
folders correctly using correct path …
Any guile help appreciated to do that !

For example, the module *./export/rust-ecdsa-0.14/rust-ecdsa-0.14.scm* need a
module localized to *./export/rust-serdect-0.1/rust-serdect-0.1.scm*

I simply try *#:use-module (../rust-serdect-01)* in *rust-ecdsa-0.14*
define-module but this probably not the good way.

>> I need to create a module by package do you thing ? and after that import
>> all the package using `use-modules` ?
>
> From what I’ve seen, Guix package definitions are usually grouped into
> modules thematically. Although until you actually try upstreaming your
> work, you’re not bound by any reqs and you can structure the
> definitions in a way that’s comfortable for you.
>
> Also, are you adding your package by modifying the actual Guix sources?
> Or by creating modules outsite of these? Perhaps this was already
> metioned but I don’t have previous emails on the top…

If that works locally i suppose i could sent a patch with all the rust modules
needed to build Deno ?

Best !
SR.