Re: Using Makefile to run guix shell?

From: Wolf
Subject: Re: Using Makefile to run guix shell?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 18:08:53 +0100

On 2022-12-07 09:47:16 -0500, Peter Polidoro wrote:
> I could use a different Makefile name for my guix commands, but that makes
> my commands less convenient to type.

I guess you could do something like

    alias ,make=make\ -f\ Makefile.mine

and then invoke it as

    ,make guix-shell

That will rid you of the risk of collision (especially if you pick
something more unique then Makefile.mine) while keeping it easy to
write.

But the alternative suggestion in this thread to do

    guix shell -- make metadata

seems like a better approach, since it does not make guix a required
component to build your project.

W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.