guix running advice: correct?

From: Andy Tai
Subject: guix running advice: correct?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:31:25 -0800

Hi, from this page
https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix-android/-/blob/master/README.md

Important checks
Make sure your guix environment is set up properly. You need to have
~/.config/guix/current as the first item in your $PATH or you're going
to run into troubles. Additionally, after running guix pull, make sure you
run hash guix in any open terminal to make sure bash's cache is cleared of
the old guix binary location.

I wonder if the above is correct, as I do not recall seeing anything in
Guix doc mentioning such advice or something to that effect (unless I
missed it)