Re: Strange error when adding module gnu/packages/engineering

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Strange error when adding module gnu/packages/engineering
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:42:23 -0500

Hi,

Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com> writes:

>> This looks like the kind of (misleading) error thrown when there are top
>> level dependency cycle problems.  These are not fun to debug.
>
> I thought maybe this is the problem, any advice how to debug?

Thinking more about it, since this a new module, there shouldn't be any
recursive dependency problem.

Probably you are missing some #:use-module at the top of your new
module.  I'd start minimal and see what works, and evaluate the package
at the REPL for more accurate messages perhaps.

--
Thanks,
Maxim