guile "Fatal Error: glibc detected an invalid stdio handle"

From: Paul Jewell
Subject: guile "Fatal Error: glibc detected an invalid stdio handle"
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:34:56 +0000

Good morning!

While working on my home configuration, I came across a problem with guile. After starting guile, regardless of what ever I enter, I get the correct response, followed by the error "Fatal Error: glibc detected an invalid stdio handle" and guile aborting.

After spending time dissecting my configuration, I narrowed the problem down a this line in my .inputrc file:

set enable-keypad on

If I removed this line, everything works as normal.

It seems like this is a bug, but I am not sure if it should be reported to readline, guile or guix. I am using the latest guix system, so guile-3.0.8 and readline-8.1.1.

I would appreciate your comments!

Thanks,
Paul

ps: apologies if this is a duplicate for you - I did post this on IRC yesterday, but didn't get any feedback, hence this post.