Icecat and ungoogled chromium in a container

From: Gottfried
Subject: Icecat and ungoogled chromium in a container
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 16:30:35 +0000

Hi

1.
would it be a significant improvement for security if I used
Icecat and ungoogled chromium always in a container?
(I am using Icecat with the Tor browser)
(Or at least ungoogled chromium).

2.
If I am using an external hard-disk with USB connected to my laptop
can somebody/or a programme when I am using icecat/ungoogled chromium or simply being connected to the Internet, access my data on the external hard-disk, which I have connected to my laptop?

Would it be better to connect my external harddisk with my data
only if I am not connected to the router/Internet.

Kind regards

Gottfried