Re: Help-Guix Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: Help-Guix Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 13:27:35 +0000

Hi Wojtek,

thanks very much. With your help I managed to create the Emacs Profile.

I had to add still a name: "guix-profile" for it, than it worked.

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix package -p /home/gfp/Projekte/EmacsManifest/guix-profil -m /home/gfp/Projekte/EmacsManifest/emacs.scm

If I do a:

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix shell -p /home/gfp/Projekte/EmacsManifest/guix-profil

than I am in the profile:

gfp@Tuxedo ~ (env) $

but writing: "emacs" it opens my emacs in the main profile and not the emacs in this newly created profile.

Which command do I have to use to open emacs in this profile?

Kind regards

Gottfried

When you do

     guix package -m path/to/manifest.scm

It shall *replace* the packages in your default profile
(~/.guix-profile) with those specified by the manifest.

But if you instead do

    guix package -p path/to/some/profile -m path/to/manifest.scm

It shall modify/initialize the profile you specified :)

Best,
Wojtek