do old packages like Musescore 3.6.2 need updating?

From: Gottfried
Subject: do old packages like Musescore 3.6.2 need updating?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:15:33 +0000

Hi,

1.
I have the old version of Musescore 3.6.2 which I want in one profile.
When I update all profiles at once through a script, it also builds locally the old version of Musescore, which needs 1 hour on my laptop.
Firstly, why it always builds it on my laptop?

2.
Do old versions of a package also need to be upgraded?

3.
and why it want to build it always on my laptop locally?

I thought old versions of a package don’t need upgrading, because only new packages develop.
May be I am mistaken.
Do old versions of a package also need upgrading because of some dependencies?

4.
when I upgrade all profiles at once, but do not want to upgrade Musescore 3.6.2
what are the possibilities?

Should I put Musescore 3.6.2 as only package in one profile and
exclude this profile from updating?
or is it better sometimes also to upgrade this old package?

Kind regards

Gottfried