Restart freezes after reconfiguring system

From: Georgios Athanasiou
Subject: Restart freezes after reconfiguring system
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 19:21:47 +0300

Hello Guix!

I've been trying out Guix OS since about a week now.  It's been very

nice so far, though I do have a slight problem.

After running `guix system reconfigure' and then trying to restart my

computer, it won't restart.  I get a blank screen with the cursor

blinking at the top left corner, the computer not responding anymore.

I have to reboot by holding down the hardware button on the computer.

After the hard reboot, restart works as expected, until I reconfigure

the system again.

Powering off gives the same result, i.e. the computer freezes instead

of shutting down.  It doesn't matter whether I do it from inside Gnome

or a root console.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Could I manually restart some

service and then have restart work normally?

Thanks!

G.