Re: simple song named "Guix"

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: simple song named "Guix"
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 15:38:21 +0000

Hi Gottfried,

El 3/05/24 a las 10:36, gfp escribió:
Hi Guix,

I am not a musician.

I understand almost nothing about music.

But God gave me a song with two different texts.
One text is for praising God,
the second text for supporting Guix / free software,

which is my contribution to free software.

That's alright by me :)

I don’t know much about the history of Guix,
so I beg your pardon,
if somebody dislikes the text
or if I have annoyed someone.
Changes are welcome.

An English native speaker,
or somebody who knows English well
and has some poetic and rhyming skills
can change the text to a nicer one.
Proposals are welcome, as it is in Guix:
teamwork brings the best results.

[...]

To make it easier for others to make those kinds of changes or any derivative work of your song, you can use, for example, a Creative Commons license (https://creativecommons.org/). They provide a tool to help you chose a license for your work: https://chooser-beta.creativecommons.org/.

I have no audio interface and don’t know how to use it in Guix.
Guix's blog has one post about music production that might be useful to you: https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/music-production-on-guix-system/

Anyways, licensed or not, I appreciate your gesture with this song :)

Cheers,