Re: No 'guix pull' substitutes for foreign distros?

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: Re: No 'guix pull' substitutes for foreign distros?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 22:38:28 +0300

Nigko Yerden <nigko.yerden@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Guix!
> Shouldn't 'guix pull' substitutes also work on foreign distros?

I'd like to re-iterate the question.  I have been using the Guix system
for years but lately I'm also using it as a package manager.  It is
rather off-putting that guix pull will take more than 20 minutes in this
setting.  Newcomers will probably start by using it a package manager
and only then commit to the system.

Thanks.

--
André A. Gomes