LVM v. LUKS @ manual partitioning

From: Braswell Business Communications Services Inc.
Subject: LVM v. LUKS @ manual partitioning
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 19:00:01 -0700

Greetings all:

I’m installing Guix manually because I need to use logical volume management
(lvm2) to configure partitions shared between a 60 GiB SSD (which is the only
drive the GUI installer can see) and a 4 TB SATA.

I’ve encountered the following difficulty:

After configuring the LVM to my needs, I then cannot mount the target root file
system that has the /mapper/my-partition LUKS2 config with its my-root label
set by the mkfs.ext4 command.  So, I can’t proceed with the installation
without the target being mounted.

Thanks in advance for your kind help or advice!
~
C.G.