Re: System image boots but fails to start essential shepherd services

From: Richard Sent
Subject: Re: System image boots but fails to start essential shepherd services
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 14:26:41 -0400

I figured out my issue. It was a result of inheriting
qemu-binfmt-service-type from lan-minimal-system. The problem occurs
when qemu-binfmt is used with a target platform matching the target
system. In my case, qemu-binfmt-service-type was emulating the aarch64
platform which also matched my target system.

The issue is recorded at https://issues.guix.gnu.org/61986. IMO, a
pseudo-bricked generation is a hefty price to pay for an oversight like
this! :)

--
Take it easy,
Richard Sent