Automated /etc/config.scm

From: Marek Paśnikowski
Subject: Automated /etc/config.scm
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 15:58:23 +0200

While pursuing a solution to another problem I saw some documentation which
inspired me to question whether it is possible to have an operating-system
configuration which injects itself into the /etc/config.scm file.

Currently the content of my /etc/config.scm file reflects the state of system
upon installation, as I had always used my git repository to manage the system
configuration files.

I have already built the infrastructure to host my configurations on my home
server.  I would like now to ditch the configuration repositories' clones in
the home directories on my computers and rely entirely on the combination of
the system-wide channels (this I have implemented) and the /etc/config.scm
file.

Is there a way to have 'guix pull' edit the /etc/config.scm file to mirror the
designated system configuration file? I assume that any module imports are
handled by an existing guix infrastructure, because I had no need to use the
-L switch during reconfigurations for a while.