Re: Automated /etc/config.scm

From: Richard Sent
Subject: Re: Automated /etc/config.scm
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 12:31:03 -0400

> Sounds lovely, but I would need to construct a continuous integration
> subsystem to be to able to use it.

Having a CI server on my LAN building my operating systems regularly is
very nice. It really speeds up system upgrades. Can recommmend, although
it is challenging!

> Now I really need to come up with a nice channel / distribution name.  The
> number of modules in my codebase is about to explode and I can already tell
> that renaming them after the fact would be… painful and tedious.

Yep, even if you try automation it definitely is painful to refactor! I
wish I was a bit more creative with my channel before going "well it's
my channel so....... my name is fine". :)

--
Take it easy,
Richard Sent