Hurd on old computers

From: Jonathan Hunt
Subject: Hurd on old computers
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:37:35 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to boot the hurd on an old 386. I can get it to boot to the point
where it loads the auth server and then I get paging errors. I'm not sure
what might be causing this but I just want to check that hurd is known to
boot with only 8 meg of memory. I assume so but can someone please assure me.
Any other ideas of what would cause after auth server is loaded (or loading):

(default pager): dropping data request because of previous paging errors
memory_object_data_request (0x0, 0x0, 0xfc000, 0x1000, 0x1) failed 268435459
memory_object_data_request (0x0, 0x0, 0x31000, 0x1000, 0x1) failed 268435459

Note: I have no swap partition activated yet

Thanks,
Jonathan Hunt
--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."