Re: netfs part of a console server with server-client model

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: netfs part of a console server with server-client model
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:41:58 +0200

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 12:54:13PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <marcus@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > There are several such places where an error is returned instead failing
> > with an assertion.  Mmmh.  It doesn't matter too much either way.
>
> EAGAIN here is not an error at all.
>
> Replacing it with an assertion would be a horrible bug.
>
> See the interface descriptions for diskfs_lookup and netfs_lookup.

Nice try.  I know what it is used for in diskfs_lookup_hard, but
netfs_attempt_lookup is different.  See the code in netfs_S_dir_lookup.

If it was the intention to work the same as diskfs_lookup_hard here, we
should either change netfs_S_dir_lookup or make it an assertion, as the
intention was never carried through.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de