Re: ruby

From: Moritz Schulte
Subject: Re: ruby
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:29:52 +0200

Manfred Hansen <manfred@toppoint.de> writes:

Hi,

> i try install ruby from http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/ruby-hurd/

It's quite some time ago since I created those packages when I started
to make ruby more POSIX compliant.  Wolfgang took over the work, he
can probably tell you more about the status of Ruby.

You get that error when trying to install those packages, because I
built them long ago before our move to libc0.3 (the ABI transition),
therefore those packages are not binary compatible with what you have.

But I also would not advice you to use those packages, since they had
some bugs.  Wolfgang can probably comment more on this.

                moritz
--
moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06  B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199