Re: Trying to install the Hurd on SCSI PC

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: Trying to install the Hurd on SCSI PC
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:56:34 -0700 (PDT)

----------8<------------------------------------------------------------------

----------8<------------------------------------------------------------------

> And I own a 1010 Fast80 160 MB/s card. Unfortunately it's supported by
> the "enhanced" driver which is contained in a "sym53c8xx.c" file which
> is in the Linux source tree but not in Mach's. Point is that Linux seems
> to compile the enhanced driver automatically when one asks for the
> generic one. So from a configuration point of view, I just said "hey,
> compile ncr53c8xx" and it compiled both ncr53c8xx and sym53c8xx. As a
> conclusion, it really seems that my SCSI card is not yet supported by
> GNU Mach.
>
> Christian.

 Thanks for tracking this down.  I'll try to get the hardware guide updated.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU