Re: XFree86 configuration problem

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: XFree86 configuration problem
Date: 27 Oct 2003 23:00:10 +0100

"Angshuman Sarkar" <ansuman@softhome.net> writes:

> The problem is xserver starts in some mode (only black and white tiny
> boxes and a cross mouse pointer, nothing else ) then hangs or
> terminates and comes back to terminal. I have RIVA TNT2 card. I think
> I have problems with speedo and dri modules. I dont know anything
> about these modules. The log file for XFree86 is given below.

I had a quick look at your configuration, but the input devices are
not correct.  You can find the information required how to set them
up in the installation guide:

http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html#SEC16

> I have not been ablle to create /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice, the
> error is unknown device. But /dev/ttys0 and /dev/ttys1 were created
> successfully. So I substituted /dev/psaux with /dev/ttys0 and
> /dev/input/mice with /dev/stty1 ( hope I wont get FLAMED )

/dev/ttys0 and /dev/psaux are not the same.  Same is true for the
mouse if you use the PS/2 port.  And why would one flame you?

--
Marco