Re: oshackers.org: visualizing the Free Software / Open Source operating

From: Nicolas Berthier
Subject: Re: oshackers.org: visualizing the Free Software / Open Source operating system developers
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:33:39 +0200

that has been posted to gnu.hurd.help as well.

Sakis Kasampalis wrote:

> Dear GNU Hurd developers,
>
> Our apologies if this is not the proper list but we couldn't find a
> more appropriate for sending this invitation.
>
> Based on the idea of http://maps.ubuntu.com/map/ my friend Efstathios
> and me (mostly consulting) developed http://oshackers.org/ - A Web
> application that can be used for visualizing the Free Software/Open
> Source operating system hackers around the world. oshackers supports
> features not included in the Ubuntu maps application, like (1)
> clustering, (2) short/detailed information about a developer by simply
> left-clicking on the system's icon, (3) visualization of a specific
> system, etc.
>
> You are more than welcomed to register and tell us what you think!

Hi,

I suggest that if the goal is to make a map of free software users,
you should consider switching to a more appropriate geographical data
system, such as http://www.openstreetmap.org/.

N.

--
Nicolas BERTHIER                              FSF Student member #7975