Re: Error with random generator

From: Almudena Garcia
Subject: Re: Error with random generator
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 11:21:51 +0200

After seatch, I detected that /var/run/random-seed file don't exists.

I created this using

cat /dev/random > /var/run/random-seed

After this, I use

settrans -c /dev/urandom /hurd/random \
           --seed-file /var/run/urandom-seed --fast

To up the urandom translator.

After this, the problem feels solved

Hi all:

I've just to install Debian GNU/Hurd current in VirtualBox.During installation, It shows an error about random generator.

After install, I'm trying to install packages with apt, but It shows a Python error and don't continue. The error says that Python can get random numbers to initialize Python, and stop dpkg process.

How can I solve this?