help-jel

[Help-jel] New version 0.9.9

From: Konstantin L. Metlov
Subject: [Help-jel] New version 0.9.9
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 01:16:03 +0100 (CET)

The new version 0.9.9 is released today. The main focus of this release is
to improve the performance and reduce the size of the library.

I would like to thank Tony S. Johnson for suggesting the way to let you
improve the dynamic variable lookup times, which is now implemented.

Get the new version at http://galaxy.fzu.cz/JEL/

Please pay attention to the release notes, because some methods/interfaces
are now deprecated, although binary and source compatibility must be
maintained by this version (at least it passes the 0.9.8 testsuite).

Thank You for using JEL !

With the best regards,
                        Konstantin.

P.S. It is said that the deprecated methods will be removed in JEL 1.0,
but (despite we are now at 0.9.9) I think there will be several releases
further improving performance and size before that milestone will be
reached.