help-libidn

Libidn 0.6.2

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Libidn 0.6.2
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:07:27 +0100

I am pleased to announce the availability of Libidn version 0.6.2!

Noteworthy changes since version 0.6.1:

- Fix objdir != srcdir builds for the Java documentation.
Thanks to Bernard Leak <address@hidden>.

- Update of gnulib files.

Libidn is a modern C library to perform internationalized string
processing based on the Stringprep, Punycode, Internationalizing
Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) specifications.  Included is also
a version written in Java and C#, as well as an interface for Emacs
Lisp.

The library contains a generic Stringprep implementation that does
Unicode 3.2 NFKC normalization, mapping and prohibitation of
characters, and bidirectional character handling.  Profiles for
Nameprep, iSCSI, SASL and XMPP are included.  Punycode and ASCII
Compatible Encoding (ACE) via IDNA are supported.  A mechanism to
define Top-Level Domain (TLD) specific validation tables, and to
compare strings against those tables, is included.  Default tables for
some TLDs are also included.  Finally, the library can detect "problem
sequences" that may trigger bugs in various NFKC implementations.

Improving Libidn is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find Libidn useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for Libidn are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
Stockholm based privately held company, is currently funding Libidn
maintenance.  We are always looking for interesting development
projects.

If you need help to use Libidn, or want to help others, you are
invited to join our help-libidn mailing list, see:

The project page of the library is available at:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/
  http://josefsson.org/libidn/ (updated faster)

Here are the compressed sources (2.1MB):
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libidn/libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz
  http://josefsson.org/libidn/releases/libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz

Here are GPG detached signatures:
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libidn/libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz.sig
  http://josefsson.org/libidn/releases/libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz.sig

Here are the build reports for various platforms:
  http://josefsson.org/autobuild-logs/libidn.html

Here are the SHA-1 signatures:

0ae1d2ad8b6e8efc709545af585baa277e97fcb2  libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz
b015a9a0aecfe0d718fc9be295bd4e26d158b86b  libidn-0.6.2.tar.gz.sig

Enjoy,
Simon