help-libidn

Re[2]: stdint.h usability on IRIX

From: Rainer M. Canavan
Subject: Re[2]: stdint.h usability on IRIX
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:41:40 +0100 (CET)

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Rainer M. Canavan" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Hi.  Thanks for the report.  It is a known issue that you need to build
> applications that use libidn with the same compiler that compiled libidn
> itself.  Thus, could you compile libidn using the C++ compiler instead?
> E.g., ./configure CC=cxx or something.  This might not work for other
> reasons, but at least you could try it.

That appears to work, and I can compile curl with libidn support
afterwards. However, the C++ compiler demands more precise type
casting for some mallocs and initializers, I've included the necessary
changes in the patch below.

[...]

> I wonder when this problem was introduced, I recall building libidn on
> IRIX in older times.  Not much has changed since then, so maybe there is
> some other workaround that I used but have forgotten.

I haven't seen any workarounds mentioned in the releasenotes for the
nekoware package of 1.24, but I haven't tried building that either.

rainer