help-libidn

Re: libidn2 upload

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: libidn2 upload
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 12:06:30 +0100

On Sonntag, 25. Dezember 2016 21:51:46 CET Tim Rühsen wrote:
> On Sonntag, 25. Dezember 2016 09:49:18 CET Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > Hi Tim!
> >
> > Seasonal greetings :-)
> >
> > Are you okay with lowering the gettext dependency from 0.19.8 to
> > 0.19.3?  Otherwise I can't build it on my debian lenny machine.
>
> Of course I can do that, just mentioning that Lenny isn't supported any
> more. But I know, sometimes it is not possible to upgrade to Wheezy...
> Repo updated.

I installed Lenny with backports... no chance to build anything. All the auto*
tools are too old, libunistring packages do not exist, gettext too old, ...

We should aim to get libidn2 into unstable/testing and hopefully into the next
stable Debian release. The prerequisites likely work on older systems as well,
but not on ancient ones as Lenny. Of course, patches are welcome.

Regards, Tim