help-libidn

Fwd: libidn 0.16 on OS X 10.6.8

From: Tim Ruehsen
Subject: Fwd: libidn 0.16 on OS X 10.6.8
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:22:30 +0200

---------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht ----------
Von: "Pär Boberg" <address@hidden>
Datum: 31.03.2017 10:44 nachm.
Betreff: libidn 0.16 on OS X 10.6.8
An: <address@hidden>

Hi!

I have successfully built/test passed libidn2 0.16 with libunistring 0.9.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8, also with bootstrap (added gnulib module "error").
Successfully built and tested with both Apple GCC 4.2.1 (Xcode 3.2.6) and my own compiled GCC 4.9.4.
That version of Mac OS doesn't support getline, but managed to take a code snip from here (only what's marked in green):

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/gnome/gnome-session/files/patch-gnome-session-check-accelerated-helper.c.diff?rev=114312

changed this line to: #if __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED <= 1068 (1060 didn't work)
and added these:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

into a .h file and include this file in gentr46map.c, idn2.c and test-lookup.c.

What I'm wondering is, if you would be interested in incorporating this in the main code?
So others also can use/compile newer libidn2 on macOS older than 10.7.
Don't know what usage policy macports has for it's code though...
--
Med vänliga hälsningar - With kind regards
Pär Boberg