help-libidn

libidn 2.0.1 released

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: libidn 2.0.1 released
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:17:26 +0200

Hi,

we are happy to announce the release 2.0.1 of libidn2.

We already changed the versioning layout to not get in conflict
with libidn which is at 1.x.

The project now switched to Gitlab for easier collaboration.
Savannah's libidn/libidn2 git repository is kept in sync with the Gitlab repo.

Thanks to all contributors of this version:

Michael Haubenwallner
Mike Frysinger
Nicholas Fish
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Robert Scheck
Simon Josefsson
Sundeep Singatwaria
Tim Rühsen

* Version 2.0.1 (released 2017-04-22)

** idn2 utility now using IDNA2008 + TR46 by default

** Several doc fixes

* Version 2.0.0 (released 2017-03-29) [alpha]

** Version numbering scheme changed

** Added to ASCII conversion functions corresponding to libidn1 functions:
    - idn2_to_ascii_4i
    - idn2_to_ascii_4z
    - idn2_to_ascii_8z
    - idn2_to_ascii_lz

** Added to unicode conversion functions corresponding to libidn1 functions:
    - idn2_to_unicode_8z4z
    - idn2_to_unicode_4z4z
    - idn2_to_unicode_44i
    - idn2_to_unicode_8z8z
    - idn2_to_unicode_8zlz
    - idn2_to_unicode_lzlz

** The idn2 manual page is generated from markdown text instead of utilizing
   help2man on the generated tool.

** Including idn2.h will provide libidn1 compatibility functions
   unless IDN2_SKIP_LIBIDN_COMPAT is defined. That allows converting
   applications from libidn1 (which offers IDNA2003) to libidn2 (which
   offers IDNA2008) by replacing idna.h to idn2.h in the applications'
   source.

** API and ABI is backwards compatible with the previous version.

Download
  https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libidn/libidn2-2.0.1.tar.gz
  https://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libidn/libidn2-2.0.1.tar.xz

Signatures