help-libidn

_idn2_punycode_decode undefined for static linkage

From: Todd Richmond
Subject: _idn2_punycode_decode undefined for static linkage
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 00:43:59 +0000

Using latest libidn 2.3.2 compiled from source with gcc 11 on Linux, it looks like the 2.3.0 version changes that modified the _idn2_punycode_decode symbol for shared libraries causes static linkage to fail. I can link against the .so correctly, but linking against the .a causes the following error

ld: error: symbol _idn2_punycode_decode has undefined version IDN2_0.0.0

Any possible workaround or compile change I need to make?

Thx…