help-librejs

[Help-librejs] REUSE specification

From: Greg Farough
Subject: [Help-librejs] REUSE specification
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 17:42:13 -0400

Hi, everyone,

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't see this discussed before in the list
archives and wanted to bring this to the LibreJS community's attention
in case they weren't already aware of it.

I've noticed that FSFE has released a similar license header
specification called REUSE[1], and I was wondering on how difficult
these would be to bring into LibreJS (if it is in line with its values
to do so).

I've noticed a few sites using it already, like the forum Tildes[2].

There's a Gitlab issue opened in Tilde's source code repository mentioning
that they would have to include two separate license headers if they
wanted to be compatible with both REUSE and LibreJS[3]. If REUSE
satisfies all the LibreJS freedom requirements, it might be nice to have
it be compatible with pages using that type of header.

All the best,
-g

[1]: https://reuse.software/spec/
[2]: https://tildes.net/js/tildes.js