help-libtasn1

Efficiency of libtasn1?

From: Rick van Rein
Subject: Efficiency of libtasn1?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:08:24 +0100

Hello,

I've recently seen how libtasn1 works, and it seems to be a useful
tool.  What I don't understand is how efficient it works internally?  It
looks like it allocates lots of pieces of memory, and that might slow
down its performance in comparison to more dedicated (protocol-specific)
alternatives.  Am I mistaken?

If it is sufficiently efficient for processing of high-bandwidth
traffic, it might be interesting to implement an LDAP server that can
have plugins, in a similar fashion as libevtp.  Although OpenLDAP is
very flexible towards admins, it is not very friendly to developers who
want to plugin a subtree with special, dynamic behaviour.

Thanks,
 -Rick