help-libtasn1

Re: libtasn1 with a fine-toothed comb

From: Pascal Cuoq
Subject: Re: libtasn1 with a fine-toothed comb
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 10:52:08 +0000

On 04 Apr 2016, at 10:40, Pascal Cuoq <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok. In any case, since we are looking at it, this use of realloc() in
> _asn1_append_value() has a memory leak.

The commit below fixes other uses of realloc() in the library:
https://github.com/pascal-cuoq/libtasn1-fork/commit/1b6070dd092a58487719355a71d48ab5e5f03401

The change in lib/decoding.c is the classic transformation. The change in
src/asn1Decoding.c takes a shortcut since the comment and logic indicate that
this realloc() call is only ever used to reduce the size of the block, never to
enlarge it (also making it unlikely that realloc() would fail, but there is no
guarantee there).

Pascal