help-libtasn1

Re: libtasn1-4.9 build on MS-Windows with MinGW

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: libtasn1-4.9 build on MS-Windows with MinGW
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 15:02:22 +0200

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've built libtasn1-4.9 with MinGW on MS-Windows, and bumped into the
> following 2 minor issues:
>
> 1. Compilation of benchmark.c fails:
>
>        CC       benchmark.o
>      benchmark.c:34:1: error: no previous prototype for 'alarm_handler'
> [-Werror=missing-prototypes]
>       alarm_handler (LPVOID lpParameter)
>       ^
>      cc1.exe: all warnings being treated as errors
>      Makefile:1012: recipe for target `benchmark.o' failed

Hi Eli,
 Yes unfortunately there was a -Werror option in the default cflags on
4.9 release.

>    The solution is to make alarm_handler static, as it is on Posix
>    platforms.

I've committed a fix in master for that.

> 2. Two tests fail: Test_choice_ocsp and ocsp-basic-response.
>    This is because they open binary files with 'fopen' using the "r"
>    mode.  The solution is to use the "rb" mode instead.
> Thanks for developing libtasn1.

Thanks, this was addressed few days ago before your report. I've also
added a mingw32 build on our CI to make sure that windows builds will
succeed in the future.

regards,
Nikos