help-libtasn1

Re: Git clone and gitlab.com: Permission denied

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: Git clone and gitlab.com: Permission denied
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:34:48 +0100

On Wednesday, 24 March 2021 04:05:34 CET Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Jeff,

> I can't seem to checkout libtasn1 sources:
>
> ~$ git clone git@gitlab.com:gnutls/libtasn1.git
> Cloning into 'libtasn1'...
> git@gitlab.com: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

if you don't have a gitlab.com account and set up and SSH key, you should not
use SSH to clone the repository, but select https on the site!

git clone https://gitlab.com/gnutls/libtasn1.git

> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.

Please make sure you use a protocol you have access rights to use ;-)

Best regards,

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                      asn@samba.org