help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] A few levels

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] A few levels
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:44:20 +0200

Hi,

Kasper Hviid a écrit :
> Alright, a few more levels:
> http://www.ropezone.dk/offtopic/lw6levels.rar
I finally tried them.

They're all great. I really like subflower graphically, but was also
nicely surprised by infestival, the idea of just "outlining" paths is
just great!

> A lot of people are now using widescreen monitors. We should be aware
> that LW6 might be played on widescreen too. I might create a few
> levels for that purpose.
Yep, that's true. Note that LW6 "scales" rather well in windowed mode.

> Idea: A blender effect, where the warriors are pushed around, and
> forced towards the center. The effect is greatest at the hurricanes
> eye. Scriptable.
I'm not sure I undestand your idea.

> I have tried designing some UI, but I have not yet found someshing I
> like. Here is some of my experimentations:
> http://www.ropezone.dk/offtopic/lw6/
Interesting, I need to think about this.

> As I see it, the limitations of what we can do with the UI is this:
>   1) The text should be .ttf, and not some predefined bitmaps.
>   2) It should be resizeable, and should fit any aspect ratio.
>   3) The menu items should be displayed over the levels.
> It would be nice with some cool ttf font, but I don't think there is
> any free one around, which also have foreign chars.
Yes. My opinion is that being able to be multilingual is worth the
sacrifice of not using a too fancy font.

> How about winning screen? And how should the cursers look?
Cursors will, I think, consist of a "geometric shape". Possibly in 3D.
The idea is player red is square, green is triangle, yellow is circle,
and so on. I think shapes are already defined somewhere in the code,
I'll dig and tell you. I do this for I *really want* that one can "plug"
a graphical engine - the way you plug a graphical renderer on top of
Gnome and/or KDE to power your theme - so I need some sort of
abstraction to say "graphical engine must render X or Y, how it does
that I don't care". Shapes are a good bet I think.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

PS: your maps have been included in the source repository.

- --
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/
"Les amis de la vérité sont ceux qui la cherchent et non _/ /   /_ o_\
ceux qui se vantent de l'avoir trouvée" - Condorcet     (__/      \/