trouble installing, can you help?

From: brobi003
Subject: trouble installing, can you help?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:41:12 -0400

Hello,
     I'm having a problem installing my gnu-make, and I've read all the
textfiles and the online docs, and even asked the local University UNIX
guru, he was not sure.  I don't know what the error is, or if it's just me,
I'm rather new to UNIX, but here it goes:

"./make install"
"sh: make: cannot execute"

I've got a SparcSTATION 5, Solaris 7, and I'm using GCC 2.95.2, since I
don't have make, I run "./configure", then I run "sh build.sh", and it
compiles nicely.  But when I try to run "./make install", it gives me the
above error mentioned.  The dirs are all in my $PATH.  The only thing I
notice in the process is that is says I am missing "autoconf" and
"automake" when it is checking the system.  But it still generates a
makefile and doesn't quit with any errors.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks for your time and effort!

Bryan Robinson
CpE Dept. Student
Old Dominion University
address@hidden