trouble linking

From: olia
Subject: trouble linking
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:23:17 -0400

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right list for my question, but perhaps someone can help.
I am porting our product to Solaris, using GNU compiler, and I have trouble linking the exe.  The linker complains of unresolved symbols.  The libraries with the symbols are included, and the linker finds them (I know that because if you give it the wrong library path it complains).  I am using static libraries.  I tried to nm the libraries, and the symbols appear to be there, but for some reason it couldn't unscramble the C++ symbols.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am using the Sun's linker, could that be the problem?

thanks for any suggestions!
Olia