Re: Error 127 when using make utility

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Error 127 when using make utility
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:52:59 -0400

%% Tony Jia <address@hidden> writes:

  tj> make: ar: Command not found

That means that the ar program can't be found.

You don't say what operating system you're using (please always report
this important information), but if it's Solaris you need to add
/usr/ccs/bin to your PATH.

Make doesn't set our PATH or anything; it's up to you to make sure that
the programs that you want to use are on your PATH.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/